Mission statement: To effectively deliver sustainable infrastructure for the community.
- Project management and design, contract administration, site inspection, field coordination services and surveys on municipal infrastructure projects
- Long-term planning studies and master plan development related to public works infrastructure (water, wastewater, storm drainage, energy conservation, solid waste management & transportation)
- Review of secondary plans as they relate to/impact City engineering Infrastructure and servicing
- Coordination & facilitation of Environmental Assessment
- Road Needs Studies
- Infrastructure asset management and rehabilitation development
- Planning, design and construction of City parks, waterfront, trail systems
|Corporate Asset Management
||Provides valued information to City Council to facilitate better, more informed decisions, which are aligned with the City’s Financial Policy Framework. Related page: Corporate Asset Management.
|Design & Construction Services
||Related page: The Road Ahead.
Responsible for, and/or provides technical review and support for the following land development processes:
- Reviewing Engineering submissions
- Providing Engineering conditions for development agreements
- Reviewing Legal agreements
- Preparing financial security calculations
- Providing Acceptance memos and Assumption By-laws
- Overall Project review, including construction site inspection and monitoring
The Development Services branch works closely with the Planning Department to ensure that site-specific conditions are satisfied with respect to development submissions from Engineering consultants. The branch also coordinates with the other Engineering branches to coordinate the progress of development projects. Reviews are completed to manage Official Plan and infrastructure requirements.
Related page: Engineering Standards, Policies & Guidelines.
||Related page: Building Barrie.
Looks like your screen is a bit too small
The page you are attempting to view is not currently compatible
with the dimensions of your device. Please visit this page on a