The Planning Services Department is responsible for matters pertaining to the use and development of land within the City of Barrie. The department maintains and administers the City's two principle planning instruments; the Official Plan and the Zoning By-law.
The department is responsible for the preparation of long range planning and research studies pertaining to policy related issues that affect the use and development of land within the City. These studies relate to the development of planning policy on matters ranging from environmental protection, heritage conservation, downtown revitalization and economic development.
The department is also responsible for reviewing, processing and making recommendations to City Council on applications for development or re-development of land within the City, and for administering the Financial Incentives Program in the City's historic downtown core.
The Planning Services Department is located on the 1st floor of City Hall
Policy Planning, Research and Special Studies
- Preparation of the City of Barrie Official Plan.
- Preparation of Secondary Plans.
- Review of applications and recommendations related to proposed changes to the City's Official Plan and Zoning By-law.
- Research and Special Studies related to land use issues.
- Review and Recommendations re: Façade and Streetscape Program
- Review and Recommendations re: Plan of Subdivision applications.
- Review and Recommendations re: Site Plan applications.
- Review and Recommendations re: Committee of Adjustments applications.
- Population and Land Use Statistics
- The Subdivision Paper outlining the status of subdivisions and their mix of housing
- Official Plan Schedules (maps)
- Zoning By-law Schedules (maps)
Looks like your screen is a bit too small
The page you are attempting to view is not currently compatible
with the dimensions of your device. Please visit this page on a