Presented by Committees & Council
Order of the Spirit Catcher Award
The Order of the Spirit Catcher, established in 2000 (replacing the Civic Award of Merit), is the highest honour bestowed by the City to a volunteer (youth and adult) for outstanding service to our community.
The City is seeking nominations for the 2017 Order of the Spirit Catcher Award (19+ years of age) and the 2017 Youth Spirit Catcher Award (12–18 years of age). Individuals considered for this award must be residents of Barrie who have:
- volunteered selflessly
- made a significant contribution to the lifestyle of the community
- benefited others and brought honour to the City of Barrie, through exceptional achievement
Submissions must be made using the application form(s) as provided.
Please return the completed application to the address noted below, in person, mail, fax (705-739-4243) or email (email@example.com) on or before the deadline of Friday, September 22, 2017.
Legislative & Court Services
70 Collier Street
Barrie, Ontario L4M 4T5
||Order of the Spirit Catcher Award
||Youth Spirit Catcher Award
||Keli Perencz & Sheena Tracey
||Shane Denis & Tom Oldershaw
||Grant Bond & Erika Campbell
Barrie Heritage Awards
The Heritage Barrie Committee holds the Barrie Heritage Awards each year for property owners and individuals who've made strides in fostering local identity through heritage preservation and awareness in Barrie. During the nomination period, all residents are invited to submit nominations for a property from any of the following categories:
- Residential Buildings
- Commercial Building with a business including office, restaurant or store
- Institutional Building such as a church, school, or public facility
- Individual or Group of people who stand out in terms of their heritage contribution to the community.
Nominations for buildings with at least two of the following attributes will be considered:
- Are at least one hundred years old
- The property and buildings are well maintained
- Are sensitive to the heritage features of the property, especially if the property has been restored, rehabilitated or adaptively re-used
- Enhances the streetscape
- Assists in revitalizing the community through heritage conservation
Nominations for an Individual with the following attributes will be considered:
- Demonstrate a commitment to heritage preservation
- Built awareness and understanding of local history and heritage
- Help revitalize the community through building local heritage awareness
Heritage Barrie Committee members will select Award Winners at a regular Heritage Barrie Committee meeting. Awards are presented at Barrie City Council meeting in December each year.
Past Award Recipients
2012 Barrie Heritage Award Recipients
2014 Barrie Heritage Award Recipients
Looks like your screen is a bit too small
The page you are attempting to view is not currently compatible
with the dimensions of your device. Please visit this page on a