In an effort to assist the arts community in building sustainable practices, The Department of Culture offers workshops on a year round basis that are designed to educate both individual artists and arts organizations.
In the past, we have offered workshops on a variety of subjects; for example:
- Grant Writing
- Creating your own Arts Business Plan
- Board Governance - Mission, Vision, Values; Recruiting and Retaining Dedicated Volunteers; Strategic Planning and Succession Planning for Not for Profit Arts Organizations
- Marketing your Arts Business
- An Insider's Look at Record Production
- Funding Opportunities for Artists and Not for Profit Arts Organizations
- Theatre Health and Safety
- Bidding on Public Art Commissions
The Department of Culture budgets for these workshops so they may offer them to the arts community at little or no charge.
2014 workshops have now been completed. Please check this page for updates, and/or follow the City of Barrie on Facebook or Twitter to be notified when new workshops are scheduled.
Looks like your screen is a bit too small
The page you are attempting to view is not currently compatible
with the dimensions of your device. Please visit this page on a