Social Media Policy
The official City of Barrie social media channels are managed by Access Barrie, making a genuine effort to provide timely information and the best possible customer service to residents.
The City's social media channels are monitored during business hours: Monday–Friday, 8:30am–4:30pm. For after-hours assistance, please call 705-726-4242 and press 0.
Access Barrie staff must oftentimes coordinate responses internally with various departments; there are some situations that are best dealt directly with specific departmental staff, and our responses may therefore provide relevant department contact information.
Content, comments, or links containing any of the following will not be permitted (or, in some cases, acknowledged) on any City of Barrie social media outlets:
- Sarcastic and/or disrespectful comments;
- Comments not directly related to the particular post or article;
- Slanderous or defamatory remarks, obscene language or sexual content;
- Content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, colour, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation;
- Promotion of business services or products other than significant sponsors, affiliations, or business partnerships;
- Promotion of political candidates;
- Promotion of illegal activity;
- Information that may compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems;
- Content that violates a legal ownership interest of any other party.
We aim to address all appropriate comments (deemed so as per the above list) within 8 business hours. Please note that this turnaround time is impacted by staff availability and resources, and there will be instances when a response may take more time.
The City of Barrie reserves the right to block/ban specific users from the City's official social media channels whose activities do not comply with the above Social Media Policy. For more information please contact email@example.com
Looks like your screen is a bit too small
The page you are attempting to view is not currently compatible
with the dimensions of your device. Please visit this page on a