Looks like your screen is a bit too small
The page you are attempting to view is not currently compatible
with the dimensions of your device. Please visit this page on a
Outdoor Solid Fuel Burning Appliances
There is currently NOT a fire ban in Barrie for residents with permits for outdoor solid fuel burning appliances. This page will be updated, and a press release will be issued, should a ban come into effect.
For property owners, permits* are available online and at Barrie Fire & Emergency Service Headquarters, 155 Dunlop Street West at a cost of $10.
Please note: tenants require the owner’s permission in writing (email/letter) to obtain a permit. Tenants must apply in person at 155 Dunlop Street West with the owner’s permission in writing (email/letter) to obtain a permit.
Apply for Fire Permit Online
I understand and acknowledge that:
- I am the property owner.
(Tenants require the owner's permission in writing (email/letter) to obtain a permit. Tenants must apply in person at 155 Dunlop Street West with the owner's permission in writing (email/letter) to obtain a permit.)
- I have read and acknowledged the Outdoor Solid Fuel Burning Appliance (OSFBA) By-law # 2007-210;
- It is the responsibility of the person named on the OSFBA to adhere to the OSFBA By-law;
- The issue of a permit shall not be deemed a waiver of any provisions of any By-laws or requirement of the Ontario Building Code Act, Ontario Fire Code or regulations made there under;
- In the event a permit is issued, any departure from specific conditions, plans, specifications or the OSFBA By-law are prohibited and could result in the permit being immediately revoked and/or legal action;
- In the event the permit is revoked for any cause there shall be no right of claim whatsoever against The Corporation of the City of Barrie or any official thereof and any such claim is hereby expressly waived.
All OSFBA permits expire as of December 31, 2013.