Looks like your screen is a bit too small
The page you are attempting to view is not currently compatible with the dimensions of your device. Please visit this page on a larger screen.
The weekly curbside garbage allowance per residential dwelling is limited to one bag or can per week (20kg or 45lbs is the maximum weight per bag or can). Additional bags or cans will be collected if one tag is purchased and attached to the additional bag or cans. Tags are to be placed around the neck of the garbage bag or on the top of the garbage inside the can, not on the can itself.
Easter Holiday Collection Schedule
There will be no garbage, organics and recycling collection on Good Friday, March 29, 2013 in the City of Barrie. Collection for this day will occur on Saturday, March 30, 2013. The Landfill Site will be closed on Good Friday and is closed every Sunday and Monday.
Collection will occur as usual on Easter Monday, April 1st and will remain on the regular schedule throughout the week.
Leaf and yard waste will be collected every other week starting April 1st. Please refer to the Community Calendar for schedule. Barrie residents are reminded to have their materials at curbside by 7:00 a.m.
Backyard Composter and Rain Barrel Truckload Sale
Garbage Collection Reminders
- Bulky items such as furniture, appliances, and construction and renovation wastes will NOT be collected by the curbside garbage contractors. Please visit our Bulky Item Collection Page for more information on how your bulky items can be disposed of.
- All items placed out for collection must be contained in a standard size garbage bag or can. Garbage cans must have handles.
- Please ensure your garbage is curbside by 7:00 a.m. for collection.
- Normal garbage collection will occur on Remembrance Day, Easter Monday and Boxing Day
- During winter months, residents are required to ensure their collection materials are not buried under the snow. Materials should be placed at the end of driveways, on the right side when facing the street, out of the path of snow removal equipment and not on a snow bank.
To view the collection map and other important information please view the Community Information and Waste Reduction Calendar.
Garbage Tag Prices
Effective January 1, 2013, additional cans or bags over the weekly one bag/can limit must have a blue $3 tag attached to it to be eligible for collection.
Where to Purchase Garbage Tags
Placing Sharp Items in Your Curbside Garbage
When placing sharp items (i.e. broken glass, fluorescent tubing and nails) in the garbage, please ensure that they are wrapped in a protective material, such as newsprint, before disposing of the items into the garbage so they do not present a safety hazard to the collectors. As a courtesy to the garbage collectors, please label all garbage units that may contain a potential safety hazard.
Help keep Barrie clean and beautiful. If you see someone dumping garbage, construction waste or yard waste (leaves, grass clippings, etc.) on City property please report it to the City of Barrie at (705) 739-4219. City of Barrie By-Law 85-163 provides for people who illegally dump garbage to be charged up to $5000.00.
For more information call (705) 739-4219.