Detour Service Notice for Route 90
Effective May 16 to early July 2016, Huron Street from Centre to King in Angus will be closed due to construction, which renders the following bus stops out of service (notices are posted at all affected stops):
• bus stops 9008 & 9009 on Route 90A
• bus stops 9040 & 9041 on Route 90B
Route 90A continues westbound on Centre Street passing Huron Street, left onto Auburn Street, right and goes back on route onto King Street. Route 90B turns left off King Street onto Auburn Street, right onto Centre Street continuing eastbound passing Huron Street and goes back on route along Centre Street.
Detour Service Notice for Route 2A/B
Effective May 24 to December 1 Ferndale Drive North between Dunlop Street West and Tiffin Street will be closed due to construction, which renders the following bus stops out of service (notices are posted at all affected stops):
• bus stops 883 & 271 on Route 2A
• bus stops 893 & 892 on Route 2B
Route 2A temporary bus stops:
• north side of Tiffin St, 50m west of Ferndale Dr
• south side of Dunlop Street W at Ferndale Dri, SW corner
Route B temporary bus stops:
• north side of Dunlop Street West at Ferndale Drive, NE corner
• south side of Tiffin St at Ferndale Dr, SW corner
Route 2A turns left onto Tiffin Street, right onto Dunlop Street West and continues on regular route straight on Dunlop Street. Route 2B continues straight along Dunlop Street West, turns left onto Tiffin Street and turns right back on route on Ferndale Drive South. Map: Route 2 Detour
Route Changes Effective May 29th
On Sunday May 29th route revisions and improvements to routes 1, 3, 4, 7, 8, and the introduction of Route 11 to the Lockhart Dr area, came into effect. The new system map outlines the affected routes and individual schedules & maps are available. The changes addressed operational issues in the south end and improve overall service. The benefits include:
- Greater direct connections from southwest Barrie to the South GO station
- Increased service to Park Place
- Increased ability to connect the Huronia Rd medical clinic, and future Bayview Dr medical clinic
- Increased early morning trips to make all train connections
- Increased late evening service to accommodate factory shift work
- Increased late evening service frequency for Route 1
- Increased connection to shopping areas
- No additional contract cost
||Revision Effective May 29, 2016
||No longer services Baldwin Ln, Bayview Dr & the Mapleview & Barrie View Dr area.
Now services Fairview Rd, Little Ave & Huronia Rd north of Big Bay Point Rd.
||No longer service Fairview Rd, Little Ave & Huronia Rd north of Big Bay Point Rd
Now services Baldwin Ln, Bayview Dr, Mapleview Dr & Huronia Rd south of Big Bay Point Rd.
||Provides additional service coverage to / from the Big Bay Point Rd & Yonge St commercial area, & the Painswick Library.
||No longer services Marsellus Dr, Athabaska Rd & the Bear Creek Special.
Now services Mapleton Ave out to Essa Rd, Essa Rd, Caplan Ave & the Park Place commercial area.
||No longer services the Huronia Medical Clinic, Churchill Dr and Mapleview Dr east between Essa Rd & Marsellus Dr.
Now services Athabaska Rd, the Bear Creek Special and Mapleview Dr west between Bayview Dr & Huronia Rd.
||NEW direct to / from service coverage to connect the Lockhart & Huronia Rd residential area to the Park Place transfer hub.
|Refer to Schedules & Maps for details.
Special Notice for Weekday Early Morning Downtown Terminal Connection:
Barrie Transit is offering a weekday early morning downtown Terminal Connection from the Allandale area.
Looks like your screen is a bit too small
The page you are attempting to view is not currently compatible
with the dimensions of your device. Please visit this page on a