Building a Fence
- In new plans of subdivision the installation of fences should not be installed until all grading and sodding has been completed on adjacent lots and has been certified by the developer's engineer. Please check with your builder prior to starting this project.
- No permit is required to construct a fence unless it is intended to protect a pool or spa/hot tub.
- Fences should not interfere with drainage swales along property lines.
- The fence can be any type or style (excluding electric or barbed wire), with no restriction which way the "Good Side" faces.
- The municipality does not require cost sharing between neighbours. For inquires regarding cost sharing dispute resolution of a boundary fence under the Line Fences Act please contact the Clerks Department at 705-739-4241.
Zoning Standards For Fences
||Minimum Distance From Lot Line
||0.30m (1ft.) from front lot line only
|Interior Side Yard
|Exterior Side Yard (Corner Lots)
|Rear Yard (Corner Lots)
* 0.30m (1ft.) setback required from all lot-lines which abut a street.
* Fence height is measured from the top of the fence, excluding posts, to the average grade height for a section of fence.
Looks like your screen is a bit too small
The page you are attempting to view is not currently compatible
with the dimensions of your device. Please visit this page on a