Looks like your screen is a bit too small
The page you are attempting to view is not currently compatible with the dimensions of your device. Please visit this page on a larger screen.
Property Tax Billing
& Installment Notices
The 2013 Interim tax bills have been issued for all property owners who are not on a Monthly pre-authorized payment plan and who do not have their financial institution pay their taxes. These bills were mailed January 25th.
- a mortgage company is responsible for payment of the taxes, and you have received a bill, please forward the bill to your mortgage company for payment;
- a tax arrears notation appears on your tax bill it means that at the time of tax billing there were outstanding taxes on and/or penalty owing. Please be advised that any penalties/interest accrued after the billing date, are not included in the amount due for the February installment. Please contact our office for the current balance outstanding if the arrears are being paid in February.
- You signed up for the Pre-Authorized Payment Plan after January 10, 2013 and you have received an interim tax bill, please contact the Tax Department to confirm enrolment in the PAP plan.
- You signed up for the Pre-Authorized Monthly Payment Plan after January 10, 2013 and you have not received notification of your monthly payment amount, please contact the Tax Department to confirm enrolment in the PAP plan.
Interim installments for the 2013 property taxes are due on February 27 and April 29, 2013.
Penalties/interest will commence on the first day of each month for any late payments. Penalty/Interest rates are at the rate of 1.25% per month. Please be advised that all payments received are applied first to all penalties owing, then the remainder to the taxes owing.
Failure to receive a tax bill does not excuse the property owner from responsibility for payment, nor relieve him/her from liability of penalty for late payment.
Included with the Interim Tax Bills will be a PAP application form. Join the thousands of City of Barrie property owners already enjoying the benefits of this form of payment. The pre-authorized plans available are:
- Due Date Plan - installment amount taken on due date;
- Monthly Plan – equal amounts taken January to May & June to October
- Arrears Plan – agreed upon amount taken every month (interest applies)
PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT IF PAYING BY TELEBANKING OR INTERNET BANKING YOUR 19 DIGIT ROLL NUMBER , AS FOUND ON YOUR TAX BILL, IS YOUR ACCOUNT NUMBER.
If you would like additional information regarding the various payment options available, or if you have not received your tax bill please call (705) 739-4230 between the hours of 8:30 am and 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday.