& Tiffin Boat Launch
Kempenfelt Bay is ideal for all kinds of water activities, from sailing and power boating to canoeing and kayaking. The Barrie Marina is located at 55 Lakeshore Drive; the Tiffin Boat Launch is located near the Tiffin / Lakeshore intersection.
Bayfield Basin Transient Marina Upgrades
This project involves updating the current infrastructure, modernizing amenities and maximizing the use of waterfront space at Barrie's Transient Marina.
Construction begins February 6, 2017 and is expected to be complete in June 2017.
The sidewalk and boardwalk along the south side of Simcoe Street between Maple Avenue and Bayfield Street will be closed for the duration of the project. Fencing and safety signage will be in place. View map.
- existing docks will be removed and replaced with a modern floating dock system
- electrical and fresh water infrastructure will be updated
- enhanced lighting will be installed
- Once complete, the Marina will increase its capacity from 35 transient boat slips to 50 slips
55 Lakeshore Drive
The City of Barrie Marina is the first and only marina on Lake Simcoe to receive the Blue Flag designation, world-renowned acknowledgement that a beach or marina is clean and meets high safety and environmental standards. The facility includes:
- 128 slips for boats 20’ and under
- 194 slips with hydro hookup for boats over 20’
- 16 boat slips exclusively for overnight transient use (plus an additional 35 spaces available at the adjacent Bayfield Basin Transient Marina)
- Potable water available on each dock
- Washroom/showers in Marina Administration building and Heritage Park building
- Mast Stepper
- Dual concrete launch ramp
- Gas, ice, oil, pump outs
- Shopping within easy walking distance
- Parks & beach adjacent to Marina
The marina has 15 serviced boat slips that can accommodate boats up to 60’ exclusively for use by transient boaters. In addition there is the Bayfield Basin Transient Marina that can accommodate up to 15 boats, plus another 20 serviced boat slips adjacent to Heritage Park.
The maximum length of stay and the checkout and check-in times vary depending on the location of the transient dock. Some of the transient docks may be reserved in advance for a period of 1 night to 2 weeks. Contact the Marina for reservations.
Tiffin Boat Launch
Tiffin / Lakeshore Intersection
Located at Tiffin Street at Lakeshore Drive (GPS: N 44° 22.320’ W 79° 41.131’), the Tiffin Boat Launch offers free use to residents with a valid City of Barrie resident parking pass. The parking lot is paid parking, $3 / hour with a $15 daily max. There are 31 parking spaces for boat trailer parking.
Looks like your screen is a bit too small
The page you are attempting to view is not currently compatible
with the dimensions of your device. Please visit this page on a