Looks like your screen is a bit too small
The page you are attempting to view is not currently compatible
with the dimensions of your device. Please visit this page on a
Booking a Facility
The City of Barrie Recreation Department offers a variety of facilities and rental opportunities. Look to the City of Barrie when planning your next special event, intimate occasion or group celebration. Consider one of our arenas, community halls, meeting rooms, indoor swimming pools, sports fields, tennis courts or beach volleyball courts for your enjoyment. We can take the worry out of your planning.
Request a Booking Online
Now you can submit your facility booking request online. Click here to get started.
Request a Booking by Phone
|To book your function, please call the following:
||(705) 739-4220, ext. 4750
|Community Halls & Meeting Rooms
||(705) 739-4220, ext. 4515
||(705) 739-4220, ext. 4750
| Sports Fields, Tennis Courts & Beach Volleyball Courts
|| (705) 739-4220, ext. 4505
or visit the Recreation Department at City Hall, 3rd floor, 70 Collier Street, Barrie,
HOURS: Monday through Friday; 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Function & Special Event Ideas:
Children’s Birthday Parties (arenas, pools, gymnasiums & multi-purpose rooms)
Sporting Events (indoor & outdoor)
Business and/or Group Meetings
Seminars and/or Presentations
Guidelines for Hall Bookings
- 50 per cent down is required at the time of the booking, and the balance is due four months prior to the event
- Damage Deposit: There is a $500 damage deposit required
- Liquor Licence: The renter is responsible for their own bar tender and liquor licence. Copy of Special Occasion Permit and Smart server to be given to the City of Barrie one month prior to event
- Liability Insurance: Minimum $2,000,000 - Special Occasion Insurance
- Caterer: The renter is responsible for their own caterer, as well the renter can provide their own food
- No-Smoking: Smoking is not permitted in any City of Barrie facility or surrounding outdoor City property
- Booking Times: Saturday & Sunday - 10 a.m. - 1 a.m., Monday - Friday - 5 p.m. - 1 a.m.
- Set-up/Take-down: The renter is responsible for their own set up and take down, as well as clean up
- The City provides the tables and chairs, however linens, dishes, cooking utensils, coffee urns, etc. are not provided
No Smoking By-Law
The City of Barrie has a no smoking by-law prohibiting smoking in all Municipal Buildings and Municipal Facilities. Your understanding and cooperation are appreciated in the compliance of this by-law. Thank you for not smoking.
The Society of Composers, Authors and Music publishers of Canada (SOCAN) under federal licence are authorized to charge a fee under Tariff 8 - Receptions, Conventions, Assemblies for using prerecorded music. The Socan Fee with dancing is $69.70(HST included). These fees are in addition to the hall rates.
Liquor licenses issued by the L.L.B.O. are mandatory for all functions serving alcoholic beverages (including wine).