The City offers skating drop-in activities at its three main community centres. All skating lessons are offered through the Barrie Skating Club, which runs the CanSkate programs.
The City offers many skating drop-ins at the Allandale Recreation Centre, East Bayfield Community Centre, Holly Community Centre and Eastview Arena. Drop-in opportunities include Public Skating, Senior/Adult Skate, Family Shinny, Adult & Child Shinny, Youth Shinny, Adult Hockey, and Senior Hockey. Please note: Skate/equipment rentals or sharpening are not available at any facility.
|Public Skating Rules & Regulations
Failure to abide by the below rules and regulations will result in a participant's removal from the public skating session.
- It is recommended that all skaters wear CSA approved helmets.
- All skaters under the age of 10 years should be accompanied by a guardian who is 12 years of age or older.
- No one is permitted on the ice without skates.
- Carrying children in arms while skating is not permitted.
- No strollers, baby buggies, backpacks or chairs are allowed anywhere on the ice at any time.
- Inappropriate behavior is not permitted:
• games such as tag, racing
• pushing, tripping, checking
- No hockey equipment is permitted.
- All skaters must obey the Skate Patrollers at all times.
- No skating through the pylons or area designated for beginner skaters.
- No headsets, cell phones or handheld devices are to be used while skating.
- No food or drink on the ice surface
|Recreational Hockey & Shinny
No registration is required. Spaces are available on a first come first served basis. All participants must wear a hockey helmet, gloves and provide their own stick.
Shinny is a supervised informal session with no goalies and zero contact. The ice will be allocated 1/2 for games and 1/2 for skill development - dependant upon participants. Participants in Family Shinny and Adult/Child Shinny must be accompanied by a guardian who is 12 years or older.
Rules for Adult Recreational Hockey:
- All players must be present with I.D. to pay before you play.
- Sign in commences 30 minutes before ice time.
- No inappropriate behavior while waiting in line, or you will be asked to leave the facility.
- All players must abide by our Fair Play policy.
- Maximum # of participants = 20 players + 4 goalies/session.
Outdoor Ice Rinks
There are six outdoor skating rinks maintained by City staff and as well as volunteer-maintained outdoor rinks in many parks. Please check the status of the rinks before heading out.
Looks like your screen is a bit too small
The page you are attempting to view is not currently compatible
with the dimensions of your device. Please visit this page on a