The City of Barrie offers a Men’s Basketball Leagues at the East Bayfield Community Centre. Certified referees will be officiating every game.
Rules & Guidelines
- Game Rules: All rules will be subject to the agreed upon rules of the OBA and FIBA.
- Time: Games will consist of two 23-minute halves with running time. The last 5 minutes of the second half will be stopped time provided that the point spread is 20 points and under.
- Uniform: Players must wear a numbered shirt/jersey to every game. Reversible jerseys are available for purchase from the Client Services desk (these are not included in the team registration fee).
- Time-Outs: Each team is provided with one time-out per half. This time-out does not carry over if not used in the first half.
- Overtime: Overtime will consist of an additional 3 minutes stop time. Each team will be given one time-out each.
Unsportsmanlike Behaviour (INDIVIDUAL)
Unsportsmanlike Behaviour (TEAM)
- If a team receives 4 technical fouls they will forfeit the game.
**Any other incidents will be dealt with at the discretion of the referees and the league coordinator.
Tie Break Procedure for Final Standings
- 2 way tie = Head – to – Head Results
- 3 way tie = Points allowed (the team with the least amount of points allowed defensively in the games involving the 3 tied teams)
- Each team will designate one player, to be the captain, and they will be the only person permitted to discuss and ask questions of the referees.
- All players or teams must be paid and registered before they can play in a game. If you have someone playing on your team that is not registered, all games that are won while that individual(s) is playing will be considered a loss.
- If any team wishes to add a player this must be done prior to the third week of the league.
- All players must check in at the Information Desk before entering the gymnasium.
- Players must be on the provided game sheet each night (first and last name).
- A team must have a minimum of four players to start a game. If one of these players becomes injured or fouls out then the game will be forfeited.
- All participants must wear a numbered jersey for every game.
Looks like your screen is a bit too small
The page you are attempting to view is not currently compatible
with the dimensions of your device. Please visit this page on a