Beach & Grass Volleyball Leagues
Here is a great way to enjoy the summer. Adult participants (18+ yrs) can choose from several different types of leagues, from 2's to 6's. Leagues will be taking place at Tyndale Park and at our newest courts at the Barrie Community Sports Complex in Midhurst.
Registration begins Feb 27th 2016. Please refer to the league schedule for time, dates & fees for each league. To registers please fill out the registration form and bring it into any one of the City's Centres. Rainout dates will be rescheduled should games be cancelled due to inclement weather.
If a team does not meet the minimum team requirements at 15 minutes after the scheduled start time, they forfeit the first set. If they do not meet the minimum team requirements at 25 minutes past the scheduled start time, they forfeit the entire game (all 6 points).
ALL players must be registered before they are able to play in the league. If you have someone playing on your team that is not registered, all games that are wond while that individual(s) is playing will be considered a loss.
If any team wishes to make additions/changes to their team, they must be done prior to the third week of the league.
For REC 4's Grass and Beach
- There must be a minimum of 2 women on the court at all times
- A team is allowed to play with 3 people on the court, but there still must be 2 females. Anything less than 3 results in a forfeit.
- If a team starts the game with 2 females, and one of them gets injured during the game, the team can continue to play with 1 female, but the must play short handed.
For REC 6's
- There must be a minimum of 3 women on the court at all times
- A team is allowed to play with 5 people on the court, but there still must be 3 females. Anything less than 5 results in a forfeit.
- If a team starts the game with 3 females, and one of them gets injured during the game, the team can continue to play with 2 females, but they must play short handed.
- each game consists of 3 sets. All 3 sets will go to 21 points, and you must win by 2 to a max of 23 points
- for each set won, the team will receive 2 points. These points will accumulate throughout the season to determine the seeding for playoffs
- there is no step in on a serve
- each player can only serve a maximum of 5 serves consecutively
- only 1 service toss is permitted/serve
- NO blocking serves
- a block is not considered a contact
- serving rotation must be maintained
- teams must call their own violations (net, lifts, doubles)
- subs can rotate in when your team regains possession
- each team is responsible for keeping score
Additional Rules for REC 6's
- the 3 front row players can spike and block from the front row only
Other Rules & Guidelines
Each team is provided with 2-30 second time-outs per set. These time-outs do NOT carry over if not used in the previous sets.
Tie Break Procedure for Final Standings
- head-to-head (the 2 teams records against one another)
- points allowed (in 3 way ties, the team with the least amount of points allowed in games involving the tied teams)
- playoffs will be the best 2 out of 3 sets
- every team makes playoffs
Please remember that this league is for fun and all teams should play with that in mind.
Looks like your screen is a bit too small
The page you are attempting to view is not currently compatible
with the dimensions of your device. Please visit this page on a