Submit your Event
Submit your event details below, and they'll be listed within both this site's community events calendar and the City's mobile app.
For the purpose of this listing, all event listings must include a specific date, location, start time, and end time. If the event is recurring on multiple days, we encourage each day to be submitted separately to ensure your event gets the best possible exposure within the listing. For example: weekly events that span multiple months cannot have start and end dates in separate months.
|View Submission Guidelines
You may submit your event information to this online calendar if the event is open to the general public, occurs within Barrie or nearby/bordering communities, and meets one of the following criteria:
- Organized by a service club or association operating within the City of Barrie or surrounding area, performing work that benefits Barrie residents.
- Organized by a local business association for general promotional purposes.
- Organized or funded by another order of government.
- Organized by a government-funded agency or board.
- Organized by a City-affiliated group.
- Funded in full or in part by the City of Barrie.
- Sponsored by the City of Barrie.
- Organized by a charitable organization with a registered charitable number and operating within the City of Barrie.
- Located in a facility owned or leased by the City of Barrie.
Events will not be published on the calendar if they:
- Are programs, camps, lessons, courses, etc. that require paid enrolment.
- Are commercial in nature and are attempting to advertise, promote or sell products or services of an individual business.
- Promote, exhibit, illustrate or manifest hate or obscene/pornographic/sexual content of any kind.
- Do not comply with the municipal, provincial or federal legislation .
Events deemed political in nature will not be posted after the writ has been dropped for a federal or provincial election or after the first day of a municipal election year other than all candidate's meetings.
City of Barrie staff reserve the right to post, refuse to post, or remove any event from the calendar at any time, without notice or notification.
|Note: Submitted events go through an approval process to help ensure integrity of the listing; it may take up to 3 business days before the event is published.
Submitting a Canada 150 Event?
Are you hosting an event to show your Canada 150 pride, or infusing an annual event with a Canadian theme? If so, include the hashtag #Canada150 within your event description and it'll be also be on Canada 150 in our Community!
Looks like your screen is a bit too small
The page you are attempting to view is not currently compatible
with the dimensions of your device. Please visit this page on a