Fire Fighter Recruitment
Thank you for your interest in Fire F
ighter opportunities at the City of Barrie. We are currently not accepting resumes at this time. Resumes are only accepted during an open competition period. When positions are available we will post further information on this webpage.
Why Join Barrie Fire and Emergency Service?
Barrie is one of Canada’s most vibrant and progressive communities, a mid-size city that blends the vitality of the southern Ontario economy and the lifestyle of the most coveted cottage country in the province. As the largest urban centre in Central Ontario, Barrie is poised for significant growth, with a population of 145,000 today that is anticipated to rise to 253,000 by 2041.
Working within the Barrie Fire and Emergency Service department, you will be part of a dynamic team responsible for protecting the lives, well-being and property of the people of Barrie through dedication to life safety, commitment to community service and the preservation of the environment.
Located at one of the City’s five fire stations, you will be responsible for responding to fires, fire alarms, technical rescues, hazardous material incidents, medical emergencies, marine incidents and other emergencies. As a frontline member of Barrie Fire and Emergency Service, you will play an integral role delivering fire protection services through public education, fire safety standards and enforcement, and emergency response.
If you are interested in pursuing a career as a Fire Fighter with the City of Barrie here are some of the basic requirements for this position for you to consider.
- 18 years of age or older
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Possess an Ontario High School Graduation Diploma or equivalent
- NFPA 1001 Fire Fighter I and II certified from an accredited program from a recognized institution, accredited by the International Fire Services Accreditation Congress (IFSAC) or Pro Board (must be complete with seals)
- Possess a valid Class "D" Ontario Driver’s Licence with "Z" endorsement and a clean drivers abstract.
- Have a satisfactory Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Possess superior interpersonal skills and the ability to work co-operatively as a member of an effective and professional team
- A strong desire to serve the community, a solid work ethic, a sense of loyalty and duty, and the ability and willingness to follow instructions promptly and efficiently
Looks like your screen is a bit too small
The page you are attempting to view is not currently compatible
with the dimensions of your device. Please visit this page on a