For Food Entrepreneurs
SPROUT is a business development program designed to assist entrepreneurs to take their food ideas to market. The program is comprised of weekly seminars, lab time, panel presentations and mentorship and a final presentation over a 10-week period.
The program is ideal for early stage food entrepreneurs who have a food idea that they have begun to develop (but are pre-revenue) or for those who are currently selling at farmers' markets and festivals. Upon successful completion, participants will also be awarded a certificate endorsed by all program partners.
The 10-week program focuses on the beginning stage training for developing a food business. Entrepreneurs will learn:
- Introduction to food production and training with production kitchens
- Understanding the regulatory environment of food
- Understanding costs related to developing a food product
- Recipe and food product development
- Sales distribution, pricing, marketing and selling
In addition, participants will also benefit from:
- Training and use of commercial kitchen (over 30 hours kitchen time)
- Hands-on training on using culinary tools
- Two 3 hour facilitated hands on workshops in food labs (recipe development and introduction to production planning)
- One-on-one mentoring with food sector professionals (coaching)
- Demonstration Day: pitch your prototype to a panel of experts for immediate constructive feedback
Details: SPROUT Program
||Thursday, May 10th, 2018
||$350.57 (Inc. HST)
|| Rolling Application
||Max # of students: 24
||Georgian College, 1 Georgian Drive.
• 18 years of age or older
• Ability to commute and attend weekly sessions
• Must have food handler's permit prior to the kitchen labs in order to participate (Details for obtaining permit can be found here).
Applicants are required to submit all of the following:
- Complete course registration.
- Proof of Food Safety Handler’s permit. Details for obtaining permit can be found here.
||Designing Your Product
Food Handling/Process Planning
||Kitchen Lab 1
||Sales & Distribution
|Genesis Computer Lab
||One on One Mentoring
||Graduation and Demo Day
For class dates and times please contact:
705-739-4220 ext. 5448
Looks like your screen is a bit too small
The page you are attempting to view is not currently compatible
with the dimensions of your device. Please visit this page on a