Barrie Fire and Emergency Service teaches people of all ages how to make responsible choices regarding health and safety. One of our most important commitments is to give people the knowledge and skills they need to lead safer lives.
Would you like to learn about fire safety? Do you have a group that meets that would benefit from a fire safety and survival presentation? Barrie Fire would love to come to you and share information about fire Prevention, Detection, and Escape.
For details regarding this free service please contact us. When calling or emailing, please provide the following information:
- Your contact information including name and telephone number
- The name of the group or organization
- The address where the presentation would take place
- Approximate number of people that would attend
- Indicate if you have specific fire safety information needs, and
- Indicate a suggested date and time keeping in mind that a presentation can take one to two hours depending on the group and two weeks notice would be appreciated.
After the Fire
If there is a fire in your neighbourhood, you may get a visit from the fire department. During an After the Fire blitz, BFES canvass the immediate area a couple of weeks later to talk about if lessons can be learned. In addition to checking smoke and CO alarms, crews encourage residents to have two ways out of their homes, imparting the importance of practicing escape routes with all family members. Homeowners receive a “Don’t Push Your Luck – Push the Button” bag full of lifesaving information.
Looks like your screen is a bit too small
The page you are attempting to view is not currently compatible
with the dimensions of your device. Please visit this page on a