Morrow Road Reconstruction
This reconstruction project replaces aging infrastructure. The sanitary sewer, watermain, and roadways require upgrading to meet today’s standards, and minimize long term maintenance costs.
The City of Barrie had to cancel a previous contract for Morrow Road Reconstruction because the contractor was not meeting the timelines for the project. The City retendered the project in September 2017.
June 21, 2018
Morrow Road from Fraser to Patterson will be closed for four (4) to six (6) weeks (access to local traffic only) starting Monday, June 25, 2018. Detour signage will be place.
June 15, 2018
Construction will begin Monday, June 18, 2018. Work will begin at Patterson with a sanitary sewer and watermain installation and move towards Fraser Court. The construction requires a full closure (access to local traffic only) of Morrow Road between Patterson and Ardagh Road until August 31, 2018. Detour signage will be place.
- Reconstruction of Morrow Road between Patterson Road and Ardagh Road, including: new road granulars, hot mix asphalt and asphalt shouldering.
- Replacement of approximately 500m of sanitary sewers including sanitary service laterals to the property line;
- Replacement of the local watermain, including all water service to the property line and fire hydrants.
- Replacement of the existing CSP culvert at Hotchkiss Creek with a 4000x1800mm concrete box culvert, including headwalls.
- Replacement of all the driveway culverts;
- Regrading and Restoration of the roadside ditches; and,
- Restoration of the driveways.
Water, sanitary, sewer, Hydro, Telephone, Cable TV, and gas services should not be affected by the construction, barring any unforeseen circumstances.
Garbage Collection: On the normal curbside collection day, affected businesses and residents are asked to place garbage, organics, recyclables or yard waste materials at the front of their property as usual. The construction contractor will remove these items and take them to outside of the construction zone, for pickup by the City’s waste pickup contractor. Garbage cans, recyclable items should be at to the front of the property by 7 a.m. otherwise these items might not be picked up.
Access to Properties
All reasonable efforts will be made to maintain vehicle access to driveways. However, there may be some temporary interruptions to access during construction. Access will be restored as quickly as possible. The Contractor will provide prior notice of any imminent access restrictions to the businesses and residents.
Pedestrian access to all homes and businesses will be maintained during construction.
The Contractor is required to conduct his work in a safe manner, including fencing of deep excavations, etc. We ask that you take extra caution during the construction period to ensure everyone’s safety.
All road will remain open to through traffic during construction, although lane closures and restrictions can be expected in order to accommodate construction activities. We ask for your patience in such instances.