File a Claim

Reporting Damage to Grass?

Throughout the winter it may be difficult to tell exactly where the edge of the sidewalk is, and when the ground is not frozen some damage can occur from snow plowingDamage to City grass is repaired each spring. Please provide details and address by reporting via, calling or emailing 705-726-4242 or, or reporting a problem via the City's mobile app. Your address will be added to a list for repair.

If you have suffered a loss for which you believe the City may be responsible, you can file a claim against the City. To do so, you must follow the process outlined below in order for the City to consider your claim. In situations involving disrepair of a City road or sidewalk, you will be required to provide notice to the City within 10 days of the incident.

Although the City recognizes that suffering a loss can be upsetting, it is important to know that the City is not your insurer. In that regard, if you have an automobile or property insurance policy, we suggest that you report the incident to your insurance company or broker right away. By getting your insurance company involved immediately, you will be in a better position as the policy will protect your interests should you submit a claim to your insurance company. Should your insurance company believe the City is responsible for the loss, the insurer may seek compensation against the City on your behalf.