(Barrie, ON) – Barrie Fire & Emergency Service (BFES) invites residents and schools to participate in Fire Prevention Week (October 9-15). Residents are encouraged to draw out their fire escape plan using sidewalk chalk and submit a photo of it to BFES for a chance to win a prize pack.
Starting today, residents can pick up a FREE chalk kit at any of the following locations (while supplies last):
- Allandale Recreation Centre – 190 Bayview Drive
- Barrie Public Library
- Downtown Branch – 60 Worsley Street
- Holly Branch – 555 Essa Road
- Painswick Branch – 48 Dean Avenue
- East Bayfield Community Centre – 80 Livingstone Street East
- Peggy Hill Team Community Centre – 171 Mapleton Avenue
- City Hall (Service Barrie) – 70 Collier Street, 1st Floor
Residents can also participate by to downloading the activities at barrie.ca/FPW and using their own chalk.
To enter the contest:
1. Draw a fire escape plan on your driveway or sidewalk.
2. Take picture(s) of the artwork.
3. Share it with BFES on Facebook (@BarrieFireService) or Twitter (@Barrie_Fire), email to Fire.Prevention@barrie.ca or drop it off in-person at BFES headquarters (155 Dunlop St W).
Submissions received by October 14 will be entered into a random draw. The winner will be announced via BFES social media channels on October 15, 2022. The prize includes an Android Tablet with case, smoke alarm, CO alarm, kitchen fire extinguisher, Sparky toy and more!
Fire Prevention Week is held annually to encourage children, adults, and teachers to learn how to stay safe in case of a fire. This year’s theme is ‘Fire won’t wait. Plan your escape.”.
For more information on Fire Prevention Week visit barrie.ca/FPW.