Celebrate Barrie's history by nominating a homeowner, business or individual/group for the 2022 Heritage Awards
Monday, August 8, 2022
(Barrie, ON) The City of Barrie is accepting nominations for the 2022 Heritage Awards until Friday, September 30. The nomination form can be found at barrie.ca/heritage.
The awards recognize property owners and individuals who have made strides in fostering local identity through heritage preservation and awareness within Barrie. Residents and businesses are invited to submit nominations for the following categories: residential buildings; commercial building with a business including office, restaurant or store; institutional building such as a church, school, or public facility; or an individual or group of people who stand out for their heritage contribution to the community.
Nominations for buildings with at least two of the following attributes will be considered:
- must be at least one hundred years old and be located in the City of Barrie
- well-maintained property and building
- building is sensitive to the heritage features of the property, especially if the property has been restored, rehabilitated or adaptively re-used
- enhances the streetscape/neighbourhood
- assists in revitalizing the community through heritage conservation
Nominations for an individual or group with the following attributes will be considered:
- demonstrate a commitment to heritage preservation
- built awareness and understanding of local history and heritage
- help revitalize the community through building local heritage awareness
Award winners will be selected by the Heritage Barrie Committee this fall and the awards will be presented at City Council in February 2023, during Heritage Week.
For more information, visit Barrie Heritage Awards at barrie.ca/heritage.
The City of Barrie
(705) 739-4220 ext. 4578