< Back to previous view
|National Public Works Week Family Event |
In recognition of National Public Works Week, the city is hosting a family-oriented event at the Operations Centre, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday, May 26. The event will include:
- Saplings for children to take home.
- Ride Along with snow ploy and experience operator.
- Mini display of the City for children to interact with.
- Opportunity for parents to take photos of their children with a public works backdrop.
- Plows that have been painted by local students for the Paint the Plow competition. The public can vote for their favourite. The winning plow will be used on a truck next winter to clear the roads in the area of the school that painted it.
- Public works equipment on display, including bucket trucks, snow plows, sidewalk machines, mowers, loaders, sweepers.
- Rain barrel sale and draw for free rain barrel.
- Tours of the greenhouse
The event will go rain or shine. National Public Works Week is observed each year during the third full week of May. The purpose of the week is to raise awareness of services related to the maintenance and operations of roads and public parks.
|Where:||Barrie Operations Centre|
|Address:||165 Ferndale Dr N,, Barrie, ON|
|When:||Saturday, May 26, 2018
, 10:00 AM|
|Ending:||Saturday, May 26, 2018
, 3:00 PM|
City of Barrie
Phone: 705-739-4220, 4910
Looks like your screen is a bit too small
The page you are attempting to view is not currently compatible
with the dimensions of your device. Please visit this page on a