Thinking of constructing a residential building in Barrie? There’s a lot you need to know before you begin. Visit our Residential Permits page for information about how to apply, fees, and other considerations.
Building Services regularly posts bulletins regarding industry-related developments that may impact customer experience.
Call Before You Dig!
Permit Submission Requirements
To ensure a complete application, refer to our application checklists which outline application, drawing, and submission requirements:
- Single Family Dwelling/Semi Detached/Townhouse Checklist (PDF)
- ICI and Large Residential Checklist (PDF) (for example, high-rise buildings)
Collect and complete all required supporting documentation:
- Applicable Law Checklist (PDF) and supporting documents proving compliance to relevant applicable law
- Schedule 1: Designer Information Form (PDF)
- Property Owner Consent Letter (PDF) (if you are applying on behalf of the owner)
- Drawings, specifications, and documents establishing compliance with the Ontario Building Code, Building By-law (PDF) and Zoning By-law. Drawings must be legible and to scale. Refer to our APLI Submission Standards (PDF).