As per Barrie's collection schedule, yard waste is collected every other week or weekly for most of the year. Please remember to sort all waste for collection and have it curbside by 7am.
Residential leaf and yard waste is also accepted at City's landfill site at 272 Ferndale Drive North. In recognition of the yard waste collection delays, the landfill's usual disposal charge for yard waste above 100kg is being waived for the remainder of 2022.
Residents have a regularly scheduled collection day and area (area A or B). The area indicates which weeks your yard waste is collected during July, August, December. During these months, yard waste is collected on the week opposite your garbage collection week.
|Weekly Collection||January, April, May, June, September, October, & November|
|Every Other Week Collection||July, August, & December|
|No Collection||February & March|
Ways to Determine your Schedule
There are multiple ways to determine your curbside collection schedule:
- Refer to the map in the Waste Collection Calendar.
- Look up your address.
- Search your address using the interactive map.
- Call 705-739-4219 (Mon–Fri, 8:30am–4:30pm) and staff will look up your collection day based on your address.
- Download the City's mobile app and look up your address under Your Collection Schedule.
Accepted Yard Waste Items
Yard waste should be placed in a separate container from regular garbage. Please leave lids off containers and boxes open so the collectors can see their contents. Clippings from trees and shrubs should be tied securely in small bundles to permit easy handling.
Bundles must be:
- no larger than 1.8m (6ft) in length
- no larger than 0.3m (1ft) in diameter
- no heavier than 20kg (45lbs) in weight
- have limbs no more than 10cm in diameter each (and bundled per above)
Outside of collection day, yard waste should be stored in a covered, dry location so the bags/cans do not become overweight due to moisture and so the paper bags remain intact for collection.