These awards are for property owners and individuals who've made strides in fostering local identity through heritage preservation and awareness in Barrie.
2022 Heritage Awards
The nomination period for the 2022 Heritage Awards has closed. Award applications are accepted annually each fall and award winners are selected by the Heritage Barrie Committee. The 2022 winners will be announced at a Barrie City Council meeting in February 2023.
Residents were invited to nominate a property in the following categories:
- Residential Buildings
- Commercial Building with a business including office, restaurant or store
- Institutional Building such as a church, school, or public facility
- Individual or Group of people who stand out in terms of their heritage contribution to the community.
2021 Heritage Awards Winners
The 2021 Heritage Barrie award winners are:
- 47 Rodney Street (Residential category)
- 94 Dunlop Street East (Commercial category)
- 178 Bayfield Street (Commercial category)
- BarrieToday (Group category)
- Sir Robert Barrie Committee (Group category)
- Grey & Simcoe Foresters Regimental Museum (Group category)