The City of Barrie proudly presents Barrie Winterfest, a community tradition and one of the top winter festivals in Ontario. Enjoy spectacular ice sculptures, lumberjack shows, polar bear dip, family entertainment, drop-in activities, skating & much more winter fun.
Barrie Winterfest kicks off Hello Winter, celebrating Barrie's winter spirit throughout February!
Happening at Heritage Park & Meridian Place
Activities & Features
- Horse-drawn wagon rides
- Snow Valley’s mini tube slide
- Nature in Winter programming
- Speaking of Wildlife exhibit
- Inflatables and games
Supported by Telus
- Buskers & family entertainment (see full schedule below)
- Fire pit warming zone
- Marshmallow roasting on our a wood-burning fireplace
- Wood sculpture by artist Siggi Buhler
- Helicopter rides, weather-permitting ($80/person)
- Scouts winter cookout ($)
- Fish Underwater exhibit: Learn about the fish in the lake with the Lake Simcoe Region Conservation Authority
- Nature Play exhibit: Use loose parts and natural materials such as snow and ice to make and build.
- Barrie Public Library Winter Pop-Up Snowshoe Storywalk in Heritage Park (Saturday at 10am).
- Toronto Kite Fliers showcase of kites of all sizes, shapes, and colours in a special winter aerial display (weather/wind permitting) between 11am & 3pm.
- Vendor market ($): BeaverTails, Lalonde’s Maple Syrup, Captain Cook De Fries, Paco’s Tacos, Wild Kernel Co, Mr. C’s Freeze-dried Treats, Twigs & Blooms by Lisa, and Crochet W Bay.
In addition to enjoying the live entertainment at scheduled times below, marvel at artistic masterpieces carved from 300lb blocks of ice by professional sculptors right before your eyes on Friday night, Saturday, and Sunday! One of Winterfest's most popular features, the 2023 ice sculptures celebrate the central theme of water. Sculptures will be lit to enjoy at night and remain at Meridian Place as long as the weather permits.
Happening at Other Locations
Winterfest Park ‘n Ride Shuttle
The shuttle runs on Saturday from 9:45am–5pm and Sunday from 9:45am–4pm. Park at the Bayfield Mall, easily accessed off of Highway 400 and Bayfield Street, and take a warm and comfortable FREE ride to Barrie Winterfest! The shuttle will pick up and drop off at Barrie Transit stop #203 located on Coulter Street behind the Bayfield Mall where there is plenty of parking. The stop downtown is located at platform #13 at the Transit Terminal on Maple Avenue—just up the street from Heritage Park and Meridian Place where you can enjoy all of the festivities. Visit MyRideBarrie.ca/News to download the shuttle schedule.
If you’re driving to the event, there’s plenty of parking available within walking distance, including the Collier Street Parkade. It is a fully accessible, seven-level parking facility with over 300 parking spots located on Collier Street between Owen and Clapperton Streets, just a short walk from Heritage Park and Meridian Place.
When making your way around downtown, please note that Simcoe Street will be closed from Maple Avenue to Dunlop Street from 6am on February 4 to 6pm February 5.