The City of Barrie Marina, located at 55 Lakeshore Drive, was the first marina on Lake Simcoe to receive the internationally recognized Blue Flag award. The Marina has maintained this prestigious eco-label since 2015. To receive a Blue Flag, marinas and beaches must achieve and maintain a series of stringent environmental, educational, safety-related, and access-related criteria.
The facility includes:
- 128 slips for boats 22’ and under.
- 215 slips with hydro hookup for boats over 22’ (max 60')
- Potable water available on each dock
- Washroom/showers in Marina Administration building and Heritage Park building
- Mast Stepper
- Dual concrete launch ramp
- Gas, ice, oil, pump outs
- Shopping within easy walking distance
- Centennial Park & Beach adjacent to Marina.
The City of Barrie Marina fights pollution with trash-trapping technology. Seabins and floating booms are installed within the harbour. These devices collect floating debris, which is then analyzed to identify the greatest sources of pollution and possible diversion approaches. This initiative furthers the marina’s dedication to maintaining responsible environmental practices.
Surface Water Quality
The City of Barrie Marina monitors the water to maintain water quality and limit recreational disturbance. Learn about the various types of films you may see at the Marina.