Barrie Heritage Awards
Nominations for the 2017 Barrie Heritage Awards are now closed. The awards are for property owners and individuals who've made strides in fostering local identity through heritage preservation and awareness in Barrie.
All residents are invited to submit nominations for a property in any of the following categories:
- Residential Buildings;
- Commercial Building with a business including office, restaurant or store;
- Institutional Building such as a church, school, or public facility; or,
- Individual or Group of people who stand out in terms of their heritage contribution to the community.
Building Nomination Requirements
Nominations for buildings with at least two of the following attributes will be considered:
- Are at least one hundred years old;
- The property and buildings are well maintained;
- Are sensitive to the heritage features of the property, especially if the property has been restored, rehabilitated or adaptively re-used;
- Enhances the streetscape; or,
- Assists in revitalizing the community through heritage conservation.
Individual or Group Nomination Requirements
Nominations for an Individual or group with the following attributes will be considered:
- Demonstrate a commitment to heritage preservation;
- Built awareness and understanding of local history and heritage; and,
- Help revitalize the community through building local heritage awareness.
Award winners are selected by the Heritage Barrie Committee at a future committee meeting. Awards will be presented at City Council in late November or early December. Nominations for the 2017 Barrie Heritage Awards are now closed.
Past Award Recipients
Heritage Barrie Awards 2012
Heritage Barrie Awards 2013
Heritage Barrie Awards 2014
Heritage Barrie Awards 2015
Heritage Barrie Awards 2016
Looks like your screen is a bit too small
The page you are attempting to view is not currently compatible
with the dimensions of your device. Please visit this page on a