Each year, the Mayor and his office look forward to receiving submissions from creative Barrie residents.
2023 Guidelines, Rules & Conditions
- This contest is open to residents of the City of Barrie.
- The subject (art) should be suitable for use as a Christmas card and should depict a City of Barrie scene or event.
- More than one entry may be submitted. Each entry must be accompanied by a completed and signed entry form.
- Entry may be a photograph, painting, drawing, etc.
- Minimum recommended size of original artwork – 4” x 6”
- Maximum recommended size of original artwork – 8” x 10”
- The winning entrant must agree to allow:
a. Their name to appear on the finished Christmas Card.
b. Their art to become the property of the City. All copyright is transferred to the City of Barrie.
c. Their name and reproduction of their winning entry to be published in the media.
d. Their original art to be displayed in the City Hall or other City locations.
e. The winning entrant is responsible for framing the artwork.
- An award of $600.00 will be made to the winning entrant.
- All entries to be pre-judged by a panel, which will be appointed by the Mayor. The Mayor’s decision of the winning entry is final.
- The winning entrant will be notified by Friday, November 10, 2023.
- All non-winning entries will be held for pick up until April 2024 and will be disposed of once that date has passed. Please contact the Mayor's Office to confirm pickup time at firstname.lastname@example.org or 705-792-7900.
- Official entry forms are available online and printed copies can be obtained at Service Barrie (first floor at City Hall, 70 Collier Street).
- Finished art should be submitted in person at Service Barrie (first floor at City Hall, 70 Collier Street) and must include a completed and signed form. Please ensure the artwork and the accompanying form is in a sealed envelope/package to ensure all documents remain together. Please clearly label the package as “Christmas Card Art Contest Entry – Attention: Mayor's Office."
- The City of Barrie will not be held responsible for loss or damage to artwork submitted.
- DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 3, 2023 at 4:30pm.