Bids & Tenders
The City is committed to securing the best products and services at the most competitive prices. We strive to provide significant value to all of our stakeholders and set standards of excellence within the municipal sector; while supporting Council’s Responsible Spending objective.
Letter to Vendors- Effective May 2, 2016, the City’s updated Procurement By-Law includes a number of key changes that will enhance our relationships with existing suppliers and the vendor community as a whole.
Online Bidding Service
All City of Barrie formal competitive bid processes are posted on biddingo.com/barrie and are organized by commodity. To receive free City of Barrie alerts regarding new bid opportunities, please complete the vendor application form at biddingo.com/barrie.
For more information, please contact Biddingo directly:
Phone: (416) 756-0955
Fax: (416) 756-9294
How to Obtain Bid Documents
- Download from biddingo.com/barrie
- Pick up in person at the City of Barrie - Service Barrie Department, 1st Floor City Hall, 70 Collier Street, Barrie ON L4M 4T5.
NOTE: Fees may apply.
About the Purchasing Branch
It takes a variety of goods and services to keep the City running – everything from road salt, vehicles and uniforms to printing services, office supplies, computers, communications technology and so much more.
The Purchasing Branch works with Departments as a strategic partner, facilitating value-added procurement for all goods and services. To that end, we assist with procurement project management and collaborate as business partners and advisors to our customers.
Purchasing staff are highly dedicated, knowledgeable and trained professionals. Many staff have achieved internationally recognized professional designations and certifications in procurement and inventory management.
Key objectives of the Procurement Branch:
- Procure the necessary quality and quantity of goods and/or services in an efficient and effective way with a focus on best value, while maintaining the controls necessary for a public institution, in accordance with the Purchasing Policies as approved by Council.
- Encourage the most open, competitive bidding process practicable for the acquisition and disposal of goods and/or services, and the objective and equitable treatment of all vendors.
- Ensure the maximum value of an acquisition is obtained by determining the total cost over the lifetime of the capital asset, good or service.
The City of Barrie is one of the founding members of the Georgian Bay Area Public Purchasing Co-operative (GBAPPC). The GBAPPC membership comprises a broad spectrum of public agencies operating within the Georgian Bay area including municipalities, school boards, hospitals, colleges, and various other public entities that share resource efforts to procure similar goods and services through collaborative processes to recognize additional savings.
Additionally, Purchasing oversees two store locations (Operations Centre and Surface Water Treatment Plant) to support the immediate day-today needs of the City’s Operational groups. These store areas primarily maintain inventories of commonly used items to ensure necessary materials and equipment are available to City staff when required.
Looks like your screen is a bit too small
The page you are attempting to view is not currently compatible
with the dimensions of your device. Please visit this page on a