Due Date Notice
Municipal Property Tax Billing & Installment
The 2018 Final tax bills have been issued for all property owners. All tax bills were mailed between May 8th and June 1st, 2018.
- a mortgage company is responsible for paying your taxes and you have received a bill, please forward the bill to your mortgage company for payment;
- a TAX ARREARS notation appears on your tax bill it means that, at the time of tax billing, there were outstanding taxes and/or penalty owing. Please be advised that any penalties/interest accrued after the billing date, are not included in the amount due for the June installment. Please contact Service Barrie for the balance outstanding.
- You signed up for monthly pre-authorized payments (PAP) after May 15, 2018 and you have not received notification of your monthly payment amount, please contact Service Barrie to confirm enrolment in the PAP plan
Property tax final installments are due on June 27th and September 26th, 2018.
Penalties/interest will begin on the first day of each month for any late payments. It is charged at the rate of 1.25% per month. Please be advised that all payments received are applied first to all penalties owing, then the remainder to the taxes owing.
Failure to receive a tax bill does not excuse the property owner from responsibility for payment, nor relieve them from liability of penalty for late payment.
Make payment easy! Enroll in a pre-authorized payment plan today.
- Due Date Plan: installment amount withdrawn on due date;
- Monthly Plan: equal amounts withdrawn January to May & June to October; or
- Arrears Plan: agreed-upon amount withdrawn every month (interest applies)
OTHER OPTIONS INCLUDE:
- Telebanking, internet banking - (19 digit roll number required)
- Payment at any financial institution
- Drop boxes located at City Hall (Collier St. entrance or parking lot entrance); or
- Post-dated cheques
If you would like additional information regarding the various payment options available, or if you have not received your tax bill please call Service Barrie 705-726-4242 on Monday - Friday between the hours of 8 - 5 p.m. (excluding holidays).
Looks like your screen is a bit too small
The page you are attempting to view is not currently compatible
with the dimensions of your device. Please visit this page on a