Due Date Notice
Municipal Property Tax Billing & Installment
The 2018 Interim tax bills have been issued for all property owners who are not on a monthly pre-authorized payment plan and who do not have their financial institution pay their taxes. All tax bills were mailed out between January 19th and January 23rd, 2018.
- a mortgage company is responsible for payment of the taxes, and you have received a bill, please forward the bill to your mortgage company for payment;
- a TAX ARREARS notation appears on your tax bill it means that at the time of tax billing there were outstanding taxes and/or penalty owing. Please be advised that any penalties/interest accrued after the billing date, are not included in the amount due for the February installment. Please contact Service Barrie for the balance outstanding.
- You signed up for the Pre-Authorized Payment Plan (PAP) prior to January 10, 2018 and your tax bill does not reflect this, please contact Service Barrie at 705-726-4242 to confirm that you are enrolled in a PAP plan.
- You signed up for Pre-Authorized Monthly Payment Plan after January 10, 2018 and you have not received notification of your monthly payment amount, please contact Service Barrie to confirm enrolment in the PAP plan
- You recently sold your house/property and still received a tax bill please disregard as a NEW bill will be issued upon notification (Lawyers letter, Registered Transfer) of ownership change.
Interim installments for the 2018 property taxes are due on February 26 and April 26, 2018.
Penalties/interest will commence on the first day of each month for any late payments. Penalty/Interest is charged at the rate of 1.25% per month. Please be advised that all payments received are applied first to all penalties owing, then the remainder to the taxes owing.
Failure to receive a tax bill does not excuse the property owner from responsibility for payment, nor relieve him/her from liability of penalty for late payment.
Join the thousands of City of Barrie property owners already enjoying the benefits of a pre-authorized payment plan. The available options are:
- Due Date Plan: installment amount taken on due date;
- Monthly Plan: equal amounts taken January to May & June to October
- Arrears Plan: agreed-upon amount taken every month (interest applies)
Property owners are encouraged to use one of our alternative payment options in order to avoid line-ups at the Service Barrie counter during this busy period. Our other payment options include:
- Telebanking, internet banking - (19 digit roll number required)
- Payment at any financial institution
- Drop boxes located at City Hall (front entrance off Collier St or entrance at back parking lot)
- Post-dated cheques
If you would like additional information regarding the various payment options available, or if you have not received your tax bill please call Service Barrie 705.726-4242 between the hours of 8:30 am and 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday., excluding holidays.
Looks like your screen is a bit too small
The page you are attempting to view is not currently compatible
with the dimensions of your device. Please visit this page on a