Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Sign In

Skip Navigation LinksLandlord-Tenant-Information Landlord & Tenant Information

Landlord & Tenant Information

This page contains a summary of information and links helpful to both owners and tenants of rental properties in Barrie.

Fire Safety

When it comes to fire safety within rental dwellings, both tenant and landlord have responsibilities under the Ontario Fire Code and both parties can be charged with offences. Learn about fire safety responsibilities.

Water Billing

The City provides two options to owners who wish to have their tenant(s) responsible for water and wastewater costs. The City also assists owners in the collection of tenants' overdue water wastewater accounts. See Water Billing Options for Owners/Tenants.

Property Standards

Please refer to Property Standards for full information.

Second Suite Registration

Second suites must be registered. The City maintains a map of registered second suites and encourages renters to check this list to ensure their rental is listed. 

Looks like your screen is a bit too small

The page you are attempting to view is not currently compatible with the dimensions of your device. Please visit this page on a larger screen.